Gregory Bateson (1904-1980)

Geist 2024.03.28 19:03  
 http://theology.kr
 Gregory Bateson, Niklas Luhmann, and Ecological Communication

Title:Gregory Bateson, Niklas Luhmann, and Ecological Communication.Authors:Mathur, Piyush1Source:Communication Review; 2008, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p151-175, 25pDocument Type:ArticleSubject Terms:*ECOLOGY
*COMMUNICATION
*CYBERNETICS
LUHMANN, Niklas, 1927-1998Reviews & Products:ECOLOGICAL Communication (Book)People:LUHMANN, Niklas, 1927-1998
BATESON, GregoryAbstract:Cognizant of the evolving academic discipline of ecological communication (EC), I offer this essay as a follow-up to my previous publication—a critical exegesis of Niklas Luhmann's Ecological Communication (1989)—in this journal. Hoping to throw more light on Luhmann's formulations, I introduce and interpret those writings of Gregory Bateson that apparently influenced the former—and/or attempted to link ecology with communication. While I do not necessarily advocate either of these two thinkers' overall philosophical frameworks, I believe that they deserve attention—at the least insofar as they provide a measure of contrast to the contemporary academic discourse of EC (which remains shallow, intellectually parochial, and nonrigorous). That aside, many specific ideas developed by these two thinkers will interest a wide range of constituencies—especially those devoted to the study of information, communication, and ecology. [ABSTRACT FROM AUTHOR] Copyright of Communication Review is the property of Routledge and its content may not be copied or emailed to multiple sites or posted to a listserv without the copyright holder's express written permission. However, users may print, download, or email articles for individual use. This abstract may be abridged. No warranty is given about the accuracy of the copy. Users should refer to the original published version of the material for the full abstract. (Copyright applies to all Abstracts)Author Affiliations:1Department of Communications & Multimedia Design, American University of Nigeria,ISSN:10714421DOI:10.1080/10714420802068391Accession Number:32744121

¡â God as the Pattern that Connects
¡ä Gregory Bateson - Biographie

Copyright 1999-2024 Zeroboard / skin by ChanBi